The Creative Destruction Lab is now accepting applications for their 2019 Quantum Machine Learning and Blockchain-AI Incubator Streams. As a seed-stage program for massively scalable, science-based companies, the mission of the CDL is to enhance the prosperity of humankind.
The CDL Blockchain-AI Incubator Stream is a 10-month incubator program which gives blockchain founders personalized mentorship from blockchain thought leaders, successful tech entrepreneurs, scientists, economists and venture capitalists. Founders are also eligible for up to US$100K in investment, in exchange for equity.
Joining the Blockchain/AI stream of the CDL has had a huge impact on the success of ZED Network,” said Alan Safahi, CEO, ZED Network Inc. “The program is a platform for us to connect with investors and network with other startups facing the same challenges. Through CDL’s mentorship program and support from respected investors such as Anthony Lacavera (Globalive) and William Tunstall-Pedoe, we have been able to set and achieve goals that will take our business through launch and beyond. I would encourage all Blockchain ventures to apply: the CDL will change your trajectory.”
During both CDL Incubator Streams, companies have boardroom-style meetings with the CDL Mentors every two months to garner feedback and set objectives which the founders are accountable for at the next meeting. The objective-setting methodology is critical for early-stage founders to ensure that founders are allocating their time and resources towards their highest priorities. CDL Mentors build strong relationships with founders and develop a deeper understanding of their business by having continuous touch points — allowing them to provide better strategic guidance.
Founders are also able to access strategic capital as participating venture capitalists gain first-hand visibility of a venture’s progress over the course of the program.
Solid State AI would not exist if it weren’t for the CDL. I had been interested in quantum computers for years and applied to the program more out of curiosity than out of any grand vision of starting a company. The the program allowed us to learn and access the resources we needed to get off the ground. Our venture manager and the CDL fellows consistently gave us thoughtful, actionable advice, and we benefited greatly from their guidance and judgement. If you’re starting a quantum machine learning company today, there is no better place to do it than at CDL in Toronto.” – Abhi Rampal, CEO, Solid State AI.
Additional benefits include:
- Community – The CDL Incubator Streams provide each company with shared office space to foster a community of world-class founders in their fields to share ideas and build relationships that last longer than the program.
- Venture Managers – Each company is paired with a venture manager who works directly with the founders to ensure focus towards their objectives, facilitate introductions, and provide program support.
- Scientists/Economists – Access to academic Scientists who are AI and cryptography researchers, economists who are experts in market-design, and leaders in quantum physics, machine learning, and quantum computing.
- MBA Student Support – Each company is eligible to be matched with MBA students from the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto to further support the company’s existing team.
- Technical Bootcamps – Founders participate in workshops to technically prepare them for the respective programs.
- Relocation Aid – Provided aid towards relocation, VISA application, and international travel.
The CDL has probably the highest density of great entrepreneurs anywhere in the country. It is the best program I have found that moves companies from early progress to venture funding.” – Ted Livingston, Kin Foundation
Sign up for our insideHPC Newsletter